Saturday, March 20, 2010

LILLY. . . .

Well-- she is here!! I couldn't be more thrilled. In my opinion the transition between LILLY and LANIE has been really really super smooth. Yesterday LILLY spent most of the day looking at LANIE like "whoa-- what have I gotten myself into??" However, this morning they started playing together and the rest is history! It is like they have lived together forever. Thank goodness BRADIE is here as well. She is the true pack leader of the group. Earlier today LILLY and LANIE were playing hard core for about 10 minutes and then BRADIE walked right up in the middle and made a small groan. Instantly both LILLY and LANIE went and laid down! Now if I could just get Kyria to leave BRADIE here too we would all set. ;) As most of you know that will never happen.

Today we also took LILLY to her first movie at Concord Mills. For those of you that live in the area you know that Concord Mills is super crazy on the weekend. She did great! She did take a step back and stare at the giant train going through the middle of the mall, but who wouldn't stare at something like that?? The highlight of the whole movie was how great LILLY did. It was amazing-- she was so quiet you would have never known she was there. The movie itself was really sad and depressing. So if you want to see a movie that will just put you in a sulky mood go see Remember Me.

I can't wait to see what the next few days is like with LILLY. She is already starting to follow me around a little. We will begin our umbilical cord process on Tuesday so that should really start the "bonding" process for us. I am looking forward to it! I will keep everyone posted on our progress. She will go school on Monday to meet my students for the first time. Exciting times ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment